Friday, August 8, 2008

I think I've lost it!!




Ok, so my sister-in-law lately has made the comment to me "I've never imagined you Tara to have any kind of animal at your house!" Seriously, neither did I...


Until.... I met McClain. He is a young little man who dwells in our home and is absolutely OBSESSED with spiders. I know


"Who has a heart to allow a scary, hairy, eight-legged freak inside your home?"


I guess I do!


All summer long the boys have been begging and pleading with us to get them a pet from a dog to a bird and everyday the've asked if we could go to "Angi's". "Who is Angi?" you ask, she owns the pet shop in town.


I negotiated for a long time about the do's and don'ts the no's and the absolutely not's as to why we should or shouldn't have pets at our house.


I was raised as little girl in our home to steer clear of animals. Anything that could bite, poo, sting, crawl, bark, and shed.


Especially shed. Oh' my mom was a "cleaning, anti-germ, anti-pet Natzi" I thought I would be this way. I was taught to be this way.


What happened to me? What's happening to me?


In the past we have found creepy crawly critters, fuzzy kittens, water snakes, a salmander and seriously they have maybe made it 24 hours maximum at our house.


They don't do well here. They die, they stop breathing, stop eating, freeze to death, or shrival up and check out. You get the picture life at our house if your not human isn't great. Sad but true.


Anyway back to "Angi's", so after a long debate, Chris gave in one day and I over heard him say "Ask your mom" it was ok with him. To make a long story shorter I made a deal with them.


"You help me ALL summer long and we would go to Angi's and choose a couple of small friends to bring home." Dreading my arrangement I swallowed these words and started the summer.


Meet "Izzy-Mae"
McClain's pink toed, little girl, dosile, non-biting tarantula.

We've had her a week now and all seems well.










Sometimes I think I've lost it.. his love and gentleness with this creature is sweet. Can you believe I would think not to mention say that.




Doesn't this look like fun... He thinks so! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

cathi6 said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!I am totally freaked out by that arachnid on your child face!! You are seriously the best mom ever.......but I have to say, a little CRAZY too girl!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way to break out of your comfort zone sweetheart! Izzi-Mae is a beautiful addition to your fam! Congrats!