Thursday, June 12, 2008

Who Knew...


Ok, so if you haven't heard already. I made the news.
Last Thursday afternoon was probably the scariest day of my life. It happened in a second, I took my eyes off of her and never imagined what I saw. I stepped away to visit my dad parked two stalls away from me, while looking back saw a man sitting in my car... I'm sure youv'e all heard the rest of this story, I ran over to the drivers window, looking inside I had the thought "Is this really my car?" Sure was and an undescribable fear crippled me. I did the only thing I thought to do and held on to the handle as he tried to get away. Deep down I knew that I wasn't letting go and that everything would be alright. The car stopped, the man stepped out and I could breathe. I had my little one back... safe. Sure I could go on and on about what I saw, how I felt and what I did or didn't do, but I won't. What I will say is that from the moment I pulled in there that day, the thought came over me to "not" get out of the car. It wasn't loud but it was clear. I felt it and looking back now knew it was from God. Why didn't I listen? It's the question I have now. The spirit was trying to tell me something, to warn me, and for whatever reason I didn't listen. Do I need something else like this to happen before I'll listen? I hope not, I pray not. But I can tell you... I am listening now.

2 comments:

bows and more said...

Hi Tara, It's Kelsi April's friend, I found your cute blog from hers! You have a beautiful family! I am so happy for you that you got a girl! There is nothing like it! Your last post made me cry! It is so true how precious life is! I have a 10 year old boy, I can't imagine that poor mom! I also heard about your scare with your baby and your car! I can't believe that happened! I am glad everything was OK! I would love to keep in touch with you! Take care, Kelsi P.S. Happy late B-day!

april hickman said...

That is one CRAAAAAZY story. YOU are one brave momma. I am so glad you got her back.

We all need to remember to listen to the voice...always.

April